Tuesday, June 17, 2008

iPhone Touch Display Problems and Camera Problems

I'm having two separate problems with my personal iPhone. One is that the touch screen has stopped functioning across the screen in the location above the cancel button. For this reason, it makes it impossible to use the "Erase all content and settings" option (required to fix the second problem). The second problem is that the camera doesn't work. When taking a picture, the image shows up as a blank (white) image in the film roll. This second problem (with the camera) I've had before and have written up documentation on how to fix the problem. The first problem (with the touch screen) requires that the phone be sent into Apple for repair. In the past, I've received a new phone when I sent mine in to have this problem resolved. I'll need to call Apple with a service request and it means I'll be without the phone (my private unlisted phone number) for a few days. So, I'll need to take all calls on my business/public phone number which is 319-621-4911.

This evening, I'm going to try using the phone reset feature provided by iTunes to get the phone reset and camera feature working for the few days between now and when the pre-paid shipping box arrives from Apple.