Saturday, June 14, 2008

Responding to Calls and Emails

After my workout this morning, I spent about 6 hours responding to phone calls and e-mails. There were about 60 phone calls to review and over 600 emails. All phone calls have been responded to and there are now only 380 e-mail messages to respond to. Some of the e-mail messages need a more lengthy response or action, so they can't be taken care of quickly. These requests date back as far as February. I apologize for the delay, and appreciate your patience while waiting for your request to be taken care of. I hope to have time in the coming weeks to get caught up.

The Iowa City Flooding Emergency and Volunteer Resources web page has received hundreds of visits so far from people all over the United States and as far away as Canada, France, India, Korea, Philippines, and Singapore. I'm glad that so many people are finding the page useful. This motivates me to keep it updated with the latest news and information.

At present, a storm front is moving into Iowa City. The blue skies that we had earlier in the day are gone. I'm preparing to leave for the downtown area to assist with the ongoing flood relief work.